1. What is the minimum weight of fine aggregate for sieve analysis as per ASTM C136 ?
Ans :- 300 g
2. How many hours should CBR samples be soaked ?
Ans :- 96 Hrs
3. What is the maximum allowable fresh concrete temperature until used as per ASTM ?
Ans :- 32 OC
4.What is the unit weight of Steel ?
Ans :- 78.5 KN/ m3
5. What is guniting ?
Ans :- It is a process in which mixture of cement & sand in proportion of 1:3 is shooted on concrete surface with the help of cement gun under pressure of 2 to 3 kg/cm2. It is a highly effective process for repairing concrete walls or damaged surfaces.
6. For filling cracks in masonry structures, the type of bitumen used, is
Ans :- Plastic bitumen
7. What is the process of covering of concrete placed on the exposed top of an external wall ?
Ans :- Coping
8. A wall constructed to resist the pressure of an earth filling, is known as
Ans :- Retaining wall
9. What is the recommended slump for column ?
Ans :- 75 to 125 mm
10. The bearing capacity of granite is generally ?
Ans :- 30 to 35 kg/cm 2
11. What are the specifications of tamping rod used in cube filling for cube test ?
Ans :- According to the IS code 2386, a 16 mm steel rod with rounded edge
12.What is the minimum curing period ?
Ans :-IS 456 – 2000 recommends that curing duration of concrete must be at least 7 days in case of Ordinary Portland Cement, at least 10 days for concrete with Mineral admixtures.
It also recommends that the curing duration should not be less than 10 days for concrete of OPC exposed to dry and hot weather conditions and 14 days for concrete with mineral admixtures in hot and dry weather.