Shuttering Oil or form-work oil is high-quality mineral oil that is applied to the inner surface of form-work before concreting .Shuttering oil work as a releasing agent between shuttering and the concrete.
Why we use Shuttering Oil ?
- Shuttering oil prevents water absorption from concrete by the wooden form-work.
- Shuttering oil prevents sticking of form-work to the concrete surface thereby permitting easy stripping of form-work after the concrete has hardened.
- Shuttering oil prevents steel form-work from corrosion.
- Shuttering oil helps provide good finishing surface of the concrete with minimum defects.
- Shuttering oil protects the form-work and hence the form-work can be reused several times.
For Example :
we have Slab area of 1000 square meter , Then how much of shuttering oil needed are describe as following :-
1 Liter shuttering oil cover up to 35 to 45 meter square area in wood shuttering.
1 Liter shuttering oil can cover up to 65 to 75 meter square area in pigment-free steel plates.
Shuttering oil = Total area / 1 litter oil covering area.
= 1000 / 35.
= 258.5 liters
STEEL SHUTTERING :
Shuttering oil = Total area / 1 litter covering area.
= 1000 / 65
= 15.38 Liters