The cost of constructing a 1000 sq ft house in India can vary depending on several factors such as the location, quality of materials used, design complexity, and labour costs.
Average Cost Of Construction In India (March 2023)
In India, the average cost of constructing a 1,000-square-foot house is Rs 12 lakh. This may differ depending on the city and other considerations such as labour availability, raw material supply, and the quality of the furnishings you use.
Types Of Construction Raw Materials And Their Costs
Construction using low-quality bricks/sand, low-cost fittings, and low-quality cement grades and steel. A 1,000-square-foot C-class home typically costs roughly Rs 8-9 lakh to build.
This form of building uses medium-quality raw materials such as cement, steel, fixtures and fittings. In comparison to C class, a 1,000 sq ft house built with B class materials would cost Rs 11-12 lakh to build.
Because this form of building requires the highest level of resources, the cost of constructing a 1,000-square-foot house might range between Rs 15 lakh and Rs 25 lakh.
How much time does it take to build a house?
Combined with the size, the type of architecture and your immediate surroundings will have the most influence on the length. A single family with an average size of 1000 square feet, on the other hand, will typically take 7 to 12 months to build. This may differ if bespoke designs are incorporated.
|1||Cement (Bags)||430||410||₹ 176,300|
|2||Steel (Kg)||3500||82||₹ 1,82,000|
|3||Sand (Cu.ft.)||1200||58||₹ 69600|
|4||Gravel (Cu. ft.)||1349||58||₹ 78242|
|5||Bricks (Nos.)||14500||8.5||₹ 123250|
|6||Tiles (Sq. ft.)||700||45||₹ 31,500|
|7||Color (Liters)||120||250||₹ 30,000|
|8||Windows, Doors, Plumbing|
|9||Labour Cost||All Work||280||280000|
|10||Engineer Fees||Plan and Design||20||20000|
Tips to reduce construction cost per square foot
- Choose materials readily available locally, whether cement, bricks and blocks, doors and windows, tiles, bathroom fixtures, or pipes. You’ll spend far less on transportation.
- When determining the building cost, consider the Goods & Services Tax. Building supplies are taxed at a rate of about 28%, which can dramatically increase the cost of any construction project.
- Take a long view and use high-quality building materials to reduce the need for ongoing repairs and maintenance. With the use of greener alternatives, you can achieve future cost savings. You can think of a period of 30 to 50 years.
- Before choosing a contractor, consult with several and obtain quotations. You would better understand market prices and your negotiating position as a result.
Decide How To Assign Work
1) Labour Contract Only: A labor contract means you only assign or give the labor work to the contractor and materials will be yours. So, you have to provide materials supply on-site.
but, this method may not be suitable for you if you are doing the job because for materials supply you have to do lots of market surveys and keep running to continue the work on-site.
So, if you are free or you can take a 3-4 month holiday then you can do it otherwise it will not suitable for you.
but, there are various advantages to assigning labor contact to contractors.
- You can choose the materials that you want
- The material of your choice means quality is assured.
- The contractor uses materials as per requirement don’t try to save them.
- You have full control of materials quality that’s important for house construction.
2) Material + Labour Contract:
In this type of contract, you assign the whole work to a contractor. it means materials and labor supply will be from the contractor’s side you don’t need to worry about it.
If you don’t have time to stay on-site and supply material then you can assign all work to a contractor at some fixed construction rate.
There are various disadvantages of materials + labor contact:
- The contractor may not buy quality materials for you as he wants to save as much as possible
- The contractor doesn’t allow to use of the required materials in construction as he wants to save and increase his profit.
- Quality of materials is not assured because you don’t have control over that.
- The contactor may be used second quality materials.
Step-3 How to Calculate House Construction Cost
For example, your plot area is 1000 sq. ft. and you want to build a house on that.
The contractor’s construction rate is 1200 rs./ sq. ft.
Cost of Construction = 1000 x 1200 = 12 00,000