Selection Process: All the applications received shall be scrutinized and shortlisted. Candidates will be shortlisted in the light of their qualifications, experience and other detailed provided in the application form. Mere fulfillment of qualification or shortlisting shall not confer any right to be engaged as Young Professionals. Shortlisted candidates will be called for practical assessment, written assessment, technical knowledge assessment, interview, etc. BIS reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason thereof.
- Tenure of Engagement: The engagement is purely on contract for a period of Two years.
- Nature of Engagement: The engagement is purely on contract basis and the engagement will be subject to termination at the end of contract period.
- Remuneration: A consolidated monthly remuneration of Rs.70,000/- (Rupees Seventy Thousand only), fixed for two years, will be paid to the Young Professional. The remuneration is subject to statutory deductions.
- TA/DA: No TA/DA shall be admissible for joining the assignment or on its completion. If required to travel and stay in connection with the official assignment, TA/DA and lodging allowance as admissible to a regular BIS officer of the Level of Sc-B/Assistant Director, will be paid.
- Leave: Young Professional shall be eligible for Twelve (12) days leave in a calendar year. No remuneration for the period of absence in excess of admissible leave will be paid. Also, un-availed leave shall neither be carried forward to next year nor en-cashed.
- Working Hours: The Young Professional shall follow the normal office working hours as prescribed (i.e. 9.00AM to 5.30PM). However, as per the exigency one has to sit late to complete the time bound work or outstation assignments. Attendance would be made through Bio-metric attendance system.
- No Other Assignment: The engagement is on full-time basis and Young Professional shall not take any other assignment during the period of engagement in BIS.
- Travel, Medical Clearance and Service incurred Death, Injury or illness: In the event of the death, injury or illness of the individual YP which is attributable to the performance of services on behalf of BIS under the terms of the contract, and/or while travelling for official duty or is performing any services under the contract in any offices or premises of BIS or Government of India, the individual YP or the individual YP’s dependents, as appropriate shall
not be entitled to any compensation or any claim whatsoever.
- Medical fitness and Police Verification: Police verification will be conducted after the engagement of the YPs. The YPs will also submit, a medical fitness certificate from a authorized/registered Medical Practitioner, at the time of joining.
- Termination of Contract/Engagement: The engagement of Young Professional can be terminated by BIS at any time without assigning any reasons thereof by giving them 30 days’ notice. However, in case the officer wishes to resign, he/she will have to give 30 days’ advance notice or remuneration in lieu of thereof, before resigning from the engagement.
- Confidentiality of Data and Documents:
(a) The intellectual property rights of the data collected as well as deliverables produced for the BIS shall remain with BIS.
(b) The data shall not be utilized or published or disclosed or to be part with, to a third party, any part
of the data or statistical or proceedings or information collected for the purpose of his assignment in BIS.
BIS Young Professional Department wise Vacancies:
Standardization Department – 04
Research Analysis – 20
Management System Certification Department (MSCD) – 22
BIS Young Professional Salary: ₹ 70,000/- per month (Fixed for 02 years)
BIS Young Professional Eligibility Criteria:
(a) Standardization Department: B.Tech/ B.E. or Master’s Degree in Metallurgical Engineering. Minimum 02 years work experience relevant to the job description.
(b) Research Analysis: Degree in any discipline.
(c) MSCD: Graduate / Degree in any discipline OR Diploma in Engineering. Minimum 03 years relevant work experience.
BIS Young Professional Recruitment Selection Process: Shortlisted candidates will be called for
(a) Practical Assessment
(b) Written Assessment
(c) Technical Knowledge Assessment
(d) Interview etc.
How to Apply BIS Young Professional Recruitment?
➢ Eligible candidates are required to apply online through BIS official website (bis.gov.in).
➢ The closing date for applying will be 21 days from the date of publication of advertisement in Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar. i.e. Last date for receipt of application will be 15/07/2022.