Epoxy is a class of resin derived by polymerization from epoxides. Epoxy are based on a combination of resins and hardeners. The flooring is most operational part of any Industrial, Commercial, Residential or Institutional buildings.
The floor is heavily exposed to physical and chemical abuses, load due to traffic of forklift & trolleys, abrasion due to mechanical wear, stress, chemical resistance to spillages from occasional to continuous immersion, temperature, snow, ice melting chemicals such as rock salt, slip resistance, impact resistance, fire resistance, conductivity, aesthetics, rapid curing, anti-bacterial and permeability to liquids.
Epoxy Screed is a solvent free highly filled three parts flooring screed. When applied on concrete surface, it gives a high strength flooring & tank lining, capable to withstand extremely high loading, wear and chemical resistance.
When used as flooring or tank lining screed mortar:
- Forms seamless surface
- Very high mechanical strength
- Level the porous / imperfection / depressions / irregularities in epoxy mortar screed surface.
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Self Leveling Epoxy based Morta Dust free surface
- Hard wearing
- Anti-slip & anti-skid finish
SURFACE PREPARATION : Successful performance of Epoxy flooring system can achieve only after proper surface preparation. It is the prime requirement, that surface must correctly prepared before application.
- First condition is that surface must be fully dry.
- Surface must be free from any oils, grease, loose particles, curing aid chemicals, previously applied coating etc…
- Surface must be fully dry.
- For old surface all cracks, cavities should be repaired with Epoxy mortar
PRIMER COAT: Apply one coat of Epoxy primer on properly prepared surface by brush and allow it to dry.
SCREED APPLICATION: First mix the resin part A, thoroughly with slow speed mixer until uniform color is achieved. Then add curing agent part B and mix again with mixer. After that, add filler par C and mix with mixer until a homogeneous, lumps free mass is achieved.
Then, place the mixed mortar evenly. Temp down with beam laid across steel screeding rails of specific height for desired thickness and finish with steel trowel to get smooth finish.