Start date : Immediately
Duration 2 Months
About the program
NHAI Internship Scheme is being offered to provide learning opportunities to young talent in the field of Civil Engineering, through a mutually beneficial Inter Industry-Academia association. The Scheme provides an opportunity to the young students to learn and operate in a real-life environment and equip themselves with practical knowledge and skills in fields such as Project Design and Appraisal, Procurement, Project Management, Monitoring and Execution, Land Acquisition, Performance Management and Contract Management etc., The interns are expected to contribute in the functioning of NHAI by way of their inputs such as empirical analysis, briefing reports, papers, research through data/feedback collected during field visits.
1. Students pursuing Graduation / Post-Graduation/Research in Civil Engineering from AICTE affiliated Institutions or any recognized University / Institution within India and are currently in the final year or pre-final year / semester of their course.
2. Should have obtained overall 70% marks or equivalent grade in all the previous yearly / semester examinations and no backlogs (re-appears) of any subjects.
Who can apply?
Only those candidates can apply who:
- are from B.Tech. / B.E.
- and specialisation from Civil Engineering
- are available for duration of 2 Months
- have relevant skills and interests
Terms of Engagement
1. At the time of joining on selection, applicants shall require to produce a letter from their Supervisor / HOD/Principal indicating their status in the institution and ‘No Objection’ for allowing their students to undergo internship for the period for which he/she is selected.
2. While doing internship in NHAI, the intern should have a minimum of 75% attendance and in case of less than 75% attendance, no extension of internship period is allowed and no experience certificate will be issued. The attendance record and the details of work supervision shall be maintained by the respective Heads of the Divisions.
3. All the interns will have to abide by the work rules and ethics set by NHAI. Other than the stipend NHAI will have no financial liability to the interns.
4. Accommodation and travel by the Interns to the Internship venue is their sole responsibility.
5. Students shall submit an undertaking before joining at their place of deployment to the effect that they are undergoing internship at their own risk and NHAI won’t be held responsible in case of any eventuality during the training.
6. At the end of the Internship, the student shall be required to submit a copy of the Project Report to his Controlling / Reporting Officer in NHAI.
7. Interns will be required to have their own laptops. NHAI shall provide them working space, internet facility and other necessary facilities as deemed fit by the concerned Heads.
8. Experience Certificate: A certificate regarding successful completion of Internship shall be issued under the signatures of the concerned Controlling Officer, where the interns are deployed.
Number of openings