1.Difference between capping beams and ground beams for piles?
Capping beam is a steel and concrete beam that ties all the piling together, creates the foundation for the suspended slab and helps to hold the earth and neigh bouring houses back and aim to transferring loads from closely spaced columns or walls into a row of piles. Capping beam performs the same functions as pile caps.
Ground beams are beams provided between adjacent pile caps and they perform as compression struts or ties in an attempt to prevent lateral displacement or buckling of piles under uneven distribution of loads on pile caps.Ground beams are structural elements to connect adjacent pile caps to improve the stability of foundation.
2. Why vibrators are not used during concreting in piling works?
Concrete for piles should be a high-slump ( 150 + mm )self-compacting mix which is capable of flowing between reinforcement cage with ease. Since concrete is designed to be self-compacting, vibrators are not used for providing further compaction. concrete in piles is compacted by energy derived from free falling.
3. How can you define the Critical Path in primavera?
Simply filter the activities with Zero Total Float.
4. How will you make a manpower loading for your schedule?
we calculate the required man hours for each BOQ item by using this Formula :
Required Man Hours = Quantity / Productivity Rate
5. How to increase the bearing capacity of soil ?
- Increasing depth of foundation
- Compacting the soil.
- Using grouting material.
- Stabilizing the soil with chemicals.
6. What is the least count for measurement tape?
7.What is the of least count of digital vernier caliper?
least count of 0.01 mm
8. What is least count of theodolite?
- Theodolite: least count is 20″
- Prismatic compass: least count is 30′
- least count of leveling staff is 5mm
- Dumpy level least count is 5mm.
- Total station Least count angle 1”
- TS Distance 1mm
9. What is the purpose of post-grouting for mini-piles?
Post-grouting is normally carried out some time when grout of the initial grouting work has set (e.g. within 24 hours of initial grouting).
It helps to increase the bearing capacity of mini-piles by enhancing larger effective pile diameter.
Moreover, it improves the behavior of soils adjacent to grouted piles and minimizes the effect of disturbance caused during construction. In essence, post-grouting helps to improve the bond between soils and grout, thereby enhancing better skin friction between them.
10. Difference among cement plaster, cement render and cement screed?
The purpose of plastering, rendering and screeding is to create a smooth, flat surface to receive finishes like paint, wallpaper etc.
Plastering is the intermediately coating of building materials to be applied on the internal facade of concrete walls or blockwalls.
Rendering is the intermediate coating for external walls only.
Screeding is the coating laid on floors to receive finishes like tiles, carpet, and marble.