Autoclaved Aerated Concrete is a Lightweight, Load-bearing, High-insulating, Durable building product, which is produced in a wide range of sizes and strengths. AAC Blocks is lightweight and compare to the red bricks AAC blocks are three times lighter.
Qualtiy Checklist of AAC Block on construction site :-
MOTAR FOR MASONRY :-
WETTING OF BLOCK :–
Before application of motar , dip block in water and lift immediately or apply water with brush
CURING OF MASONRY :-
Curing required only for cement mortar joint and not required for ready made mortar jointing
CUTTING OF BLOCK :
Use tool like hacksaw or rotary cutter or hand wood saw
Minimum External plaster thickness 12 to 15 mm
Check that AAC block is not carried out more than 1200 mm ina day
Check verticality and Alignment of the AAC BLOCK .Deviation Shall not be more than 10 mm in Alignment and 5 mm in verticality for 3m height
Advantage of AAC Block are describe as following :-
1.The AAC Block help in quick construction work, thereby reducing time and constructions costs. In AAC Bricks it is easy to use ordinary tools for cutting the walls for electrical work, including drilling of holes
2. AAC Blocks have a compressive strength of an average (3-4.5) N/mm³. This is superior to most types of light weight blocks. Moreover, it is 25 per cent stronger than other products of the same density.
3. The AAC Blocks are resistant to fire between a certain limit of time. It is from a 2 hours minimum time to 6 hours maximum time limit.
4.The AAC Blocks are resistant to pests and insects.
5. AAC Blocks are resistant to earthquakes. The natural property it is made from is light in weight. This in turn increases the stability in the building structures.
6. AAC Blocks are highly cost effective in nature. Thus, offering cost saving and less investment on the construction work.
7. The AAC Blocks are Non-toxic in nature. They cannot be damaged from smoke from pollution and smoke of the chimney in factories.
8. AAC Blocks are light weight. It is the biggest feature, which is helpful in transport and during construction work as well.
9. Thermal insulation the AAC Blocks have insulating qualities. The thermal conductivity level of the AAC Bricks keeps the room temperature warm during winter. In summer, it is cool and nice. At the end of the day it offers huge savings on air conditioning load, which means less power bills.
10. ACC Blocks are sound proof in nature. This is due to their porous nature, which absorbs sounds up to certain decibel levels.
Disadvantages of AAC Block are descibe as following :-
The major disadvantages of autoclaved aerated concrete are listed below.
- The production cost per unit for AAC is higher than other ordinary concrete.
- Number of manufacturer is limited. So, cost will drastically increase in places far from the manufacturer and need to travel a long distance.
- It is not as strong as conventional concrete.
|Size||mm||600 x 200 x (75 to 300),|
3 – 4.5 (IS 2185 part 3)
Normal Dry Density
Kg / m 3
550 – 650
2 to 6 (Depending on Thickness)
Sound Transmission Test
Dry Shrinkage Test